What are the effects of ingredients in immunity support supplements?
Vitamin C supports the proper functioning of the immune system, due to which it ranks among nutrients that are indispensable for our overall resilience. At the same time, it contributes to the maintenance of normal immune functions during and after intense physical exercise. This is absolutely crucial, because after a strenuous physical activity, our immune system gets weakened for some time. That said, not just athletes will appreciate the positive effect of this vitamin on reducing fatigue and exhaustion. It also ranks among antioxidants, and so it helps protect cells from oxidative stress.
Vitamin D and its deficiency became a popular topic of discussion lately. Your body obtains it mainly from sunlight, which can be hard to get enough of in winter or autumn. During these seasons, people spend a lot more time indoors, which can reduce the natural production of this vitamin. This can also result in a weakened immunity, because vitamin D also contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system. Products in this category can therefore help maintain its optimal levels in the body. For example, you can receive it in a well-absorbable form of vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol). Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) is traditionally obtained from plant sources. A unique exception is the vitamin D3 sourced from lichens, which is also suitable for vegans.
The following vitamins also play a crucial role in promoting optimal immune functions: vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 that is part of the B Complex, selenium, zinc, and iron. Therefore, it is important to ensure an adequate intake of all these nutrients. In addition, both selenium and zinc also boast antioxidant properties, which makes them able to protect cells from oxidative stress. All of these nutrients are usually included in the ingredient profile of complex multivitamin and multimineral products, or you can also use them separately according to your individual needs.
Omega-3 fatty acids are also often associated with the protection of health and strong immunity. They are a source of healthy fats in the form of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which support proper heart function. In addition, DHA also promotes the maintenance of normal brain functions and healthy eyesight.
Superfoods such as chlorella, spirulina, green barley or maca are truly exceptional in their content of chlorophyll, antioxidants, and other beneficial nutrients. During periods of weakened immunity, you are also guaranteed to appreciate highly concentrated shots with the content of ginger, honey, lemon, turmeric, aronia or sea-buckthorn. These can serve as a first line of defence against the symptoms of an upcoming sickness.
What ingredients do immunity support supplements contain?
- The multivitamin blend Vitality Complex is unique in its complex ingredient profile that includes the most important vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Moreover, it also contains the highly beneficial Echinacea plant extract, ginkgo biloba and coenzyme Q10.
- Liposomal Multivitamin boasts not only an amazing ingredient profile, but also an excellent absorption rate.
- Multivitamin Yummies will definitely become your go-to multivitamin, with the content of 11 key vitamins and minerals and a delicious taste. It comes in the form of juicy gummy bears, with the help of which you will never ever forget about your daily dose of micronutrients.
- Immunity Support Package features everything you could ever need for the maximum support of your overall health. It contains vitamin D3, omega 3-6-9, Multivitamin Vitality Complex, Ginger Shot and other natural juices. Thanks to this unique package, you will be ready for any challenge.
- Men will then surely appreciate the Men's Essentials Multivitamin, which was specifically designed to suit their needs. It contains vitamins, minerals, digestive enzymes, a nootropic and adaptogen as well as other active ingredients to support overall male health.
- For women, we offer the Vita Pink Multivitamin with an ingredient profile that includes the whole spectrum of vitamins, minerals, and plant extracts.
- Vegans and people who would like to receive micronutrients from plant sources that are of the highest biological quality should definitely check out the BIO Multivitamin Vitality Support. What makes it unique is the content of natural plant extracts from organic farming. It even contains vitamin D3 from lichen, which is the best-absorbable form of vitamin D.
If you are interested in more ways to promote your overall health, read our article: 15 Ways to Strengthen Your Immune System and Protect Health.