Juices are drinks that originate from roots, fruits or vegetables and serve as a source of energy, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Their effects, taste and consistency depend on the method of processing and the type of fruit or vegetables from which they are made. The best known are 100% juices, so-called fresh juices, juices, nectar, fruit drinks, smoothies, vitamin waters and healthy shots.
The differences between the juices are well defined and subject to quality standards.
- 100 % fruit or vegetable juice is made from one or more crop types and contains no preservatives, added sugar or coloring matter. It has a shorter shelf life and is served chilled. It is usually produced by pressing or juicing.
- The fruit juice from the concentrate is obtained by reconstituting the concentrated fruit juice with water. It does not contain preservatives, colorings or added sugar, but is enriched with vitamins and minerals. This type of juice is usually called juice.
- We consider a nectar a fruit juice with added water, which may be supplemented with sugar or honey, but not more than 20% of the total weight of the product. It is mainly made from those fruits and vegetables that have too much fruit acid or flesh, such as banana, currants or sour cherries. You will not find any added colorings or preservatives.
- The fruit drink contains the smallest amount of fruit or vegetable ingredient, less than 25%. Manufacturers can add sugar, sweeteners, colorants, preservatives and artificial flavors. For this reason, this type of juice is the least recommended.
Recently, a trend in juices are healthy shots, such as Ginger Shot or Turmeric Shot. These are highly concentrated juices from roots, vegetables or fruits. They are considered to be rapid help to boost immunity or promote health. They usually contain fresh ginger juice, turmeric, lemon and orange, enriched with cayenne pepper or coconut water. They are consumed in a small dose, which, however, conceals the beneficial effects of a large number of crops.
The shots are produced by cold press technology. Using a hydraulic press and high pressure to produce a shot, the heat is not produced, and so the juice retains its nutrients, natural flavor and color. The final product is characterized by its pure composition without the use of preservatives and colorings. Due to the strong concentration, however, the root shots can be strong in flavor or slightly pungent, so manufacturers refine them by adding honey or agave syrup.
Juices are an ideal choice for people who don't have time to consume enough fruits and vegetables. They will serve as a healthy snack that you can always have with you. Packaged juices are practical for travel, work or school. When choosing them, be sure to notice the composition of the product on the label, which immediately reveals the type of juice and its benefits. Be sure to pay attention to the amount of carbohydrates and sugars that are naturally present in juices, but increase your caloric intake. Nevertheless, juices are a healthy way to take 5 servings of fruits and vegetables during the day.
Juices and their advantages:
- they are a source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- the are refill energy during the day
- they are a healthy form of snack
- they help to hydrate the body
- have a juicy taste of fruits, vegetables or root