Fibre is a category of products that contain various types of fibre. Here you can find both types of fibre, that is soluble and insoluble. These are beneficial for overall health in several ways. First of all, fibre beneficially affects digestion and serves as food for the friendly bacteria that make up the intestinal microflora (microbiome). It is also often associated with promoting the feeling of satiety. This makes it important for all people who follow the principles of a healthy diet or who are trying to lose weight.
Which foods are high in fibre? Fibre is naturally present in common foods, such as fruit, vegetables, legumes, grains, and cereals. If you want to increase your fibre intake, the ideal solution may be dietary supplements with high fibre concentration. Most products contain fibre in the form of a soluble powder, which fits perfectly in porridge, smoothies, or yoghurts.
What are the effects of soluble fibre?
Soluble fibre serves as a prebiotic to feed the beneficial bacteria living in our digestive system, thereby promoting their growth. Thanks to this, it has a beneficial effect on digestion. Additionally, it has the ability to bind water to itself, swell up, and thus slow down its passage through the stomach and the entire digestive system. This can result in prolonging the feeling of satiety, which is especially useful when trying to lose weight. In the same way, people who are trying to lose some pounds will also appreciate the fact that only a small amount of energy is released from fibre, which corresponds to 2 kcal per 1 gram of fibre.
- A great example of soluble fibre is psyllium, which you can add to yoghurts, smoothies, or porridges.
- There is also apple fibre, which is a great choice to enrich your dishes thanks to its slightly sweetish apple flavour.
- However, inulin is also a soluble fibre, which you can try in the form of the BIO Agave Inulin Powder. It will also help sweeten your food without any unnecessary calories.
- That said, glucomannan is also worth mentioning, as it is able to bind up to 50 times more water compared to its weight. This results in it taking up more space in the stomach and thus prolonging the feeling of satiety. According to the EFSA, when taken in optimal amounts, it even contributes to the maintenance of optimal blood cholesterol levels and, as part of a low-energy diet, also promotes weight loss.
What are the effects of insoluble fibre?
Insoluble fibre undergoes no changes when passing through the digestive system and does not decompose into energy. It is therefore able to bind water and other by-products of digestion. Thanks to this ability, it is often regarded to as a brush that cleanses the intestines. This makes it perfect for all those who would like to support the natural detoxification of their body.
- Here are some foods that are rich in insoluble fibre: nuts and seeds, fresh and dried fruit, vegetables, legumes, oats, and other whole-grain cereals. That said, it is found mainly in the peels of the aforementioned foods.
Blends of soluble and insoluble fibre
Products that contain both soluble and insoluble fibre combine the advantages of both of these types of fibre. This makes them a great choice for all people who are looking for a complex dietary supplement.
- An example is the Daily Fiber, which is a combination of a total of 5 types of fibre as well as freeze-dried strawberries. A great bonus is also its form of a soluble powder, which you can add to your porridges, yoghurts, smoothies or just mix with water, juice or your favourite drink. In the same way, you can mix it into the dough when baking.
If you want to learn more about the effects of fibre, read the article: Fiber in Food - How Much to Consume and What Benefits It Offers?
BIO Psyllium - GymBeam97 % (28)€6.95
Glucomannan - GymBeam100 % (15)€8.95
Apple fiber - Country Life90 % (2)€1.95
Black Currant Fiber - OstroVit0% (0)€4.95
Apple fiber - Wolfberry93 % (10)€1.95
Psyllium - Wolfberry98 % (13)€2.10
Apple Fiber - GymBeam84 % (11)€1.80
Out of stockDaily Fiber - GymBeam93 % (6)
Out of stockBIO Psyllium - Purasana0% (0)