BCAAs are branched-chain amino acids, leucine, isoleucine, and valine. BCAAs are useful directly from the blood stream, where they pass into muscle cells, and therefore represent an immediate source of energy. Branched chain amino acids are metabolized in the muscles even before the liver, and their greatest advantage is the ability to promote regeneration after the most challenging workouts.
BCAAs are the most important anabolic and anti-catabolic essential amino acids. They provide protein synthesis for muscle mass growth and muscle tissue regeneration. BCAAs are essential and indispensable especially when the body is in critical situations, such as a low carbohydrate diet combined with challenging workouts. In reducing diets, we recommend combining them with a fat burner such as carnitine
Effects of BCAAs
- increasing the quality and amount of muscle mass
- restoring strength and accelerating regeneration
- preventing catabolic processes
- regulating blood sugar levels
- supporting the formation of new muscle mass
- protecting muscle mass from damage during physical exercise
- increasing absolute strength
- burning of fat and reducing overweight
BCAAs are available in all forms, both in powder and liquid form, in tablets, in liquid capsules and in gelatine capsules. BCAAs are available in various ratios, such as 2: 1: 1 or 4: 1: 1, and these numbers represent the ratio of individual components, i.e. leucine: isoleucine: valine.
BCAA: L-leucine, L-valine and L-isoleucine
BCAAs are essential branched chain amino acids, i.e. L-leucine, L-valine and L-isoleucine. The human body cannot produce them themselves, forming a third of the muscle protein. During any physical exercise, be it aerobic or anaerobic training, there is a loss of BCAA, resulting in the devastation of active muscle mass.
Leucine is one of the 8 essential amino acids that we need to supplement through the diet. At the same time, it is one of the three branched chain amino acids, the BCAA. Leucine accounts for about 8% of all amino acids contained in the protein structures of our body and is the fourth most represented skeletal muscle amino acid. It is found in meat, nuts, beans, paddy rice, soy flour and whole grain products
Why do we need leucine?
- supports building and protecting muscle fibres
- is an instant source of energy
- preserves glycogen stored in muscles
- contributes to maintaining a stable blood sugar level
- helps to maintain the balance of nitrogen in the body, protecting muscles from breaking down
- supports the production of growth hormone, somatropin, which can help to healthier joints, body fat loss and increased strength.
Valine is an amino acid that is part of the BCAA. It is an immediate source of energy in muscle tissue. Stimulates muscle metabolism and tissue regeneration. Maintains the balance of nitrogenous substances in the body. Valine is found in meat, mushrooms, peanuts, dairy products, cereals and soy protein. It helps in the treatment of liver and gall bladder diseases.
Isoleucine is an essential amino acid that, together with valine and leucine, increases endurance in athletes and promotes energy supply to muscles. Isoleucine is needed for haemoglobin formation, stabilization and regulation of blood sugar levels and energy supply. It is contained in meat, in eggs, in fish, in nuts, in legumes and in soy products.
It is most commonly reported that BCAA is recommended to be taken at a dose of 5 g before and 5 g after training, regardless of whether it is strength training or endurance training.hide description
- Bcaa 4:1:1 Instant - GymBeamSpecial Price from €9.95
- BCAA 1500 + Lysine 300 tab - GymBeamSpecial Price €16.95
- ProAMINO 390 g - GymBeamSpecial Price €12.95
- L-Leucine Instant Powder - GymBeamSpecial Price from €8.95
- Amino X - BSNSpecial Price from €14.50
- Gold Standard BCAA Train Sustain - Optimum NutritionSpecial Price €18.90
- BCAA Xpress - Scitec NutritionSpecial Price from €19.50
- Amino Acids BCAA-X - Scitec NutritionSpecial Price €7.10
- BCAA + Glutamine Xpress 600 g - Scitec NutritionSpecial Price €24.00
- BCAA 6400 - Scitec NutritionSpecial Price €9.90
- Amino acids BCAA DNA 200 g - BSNSpecial Price €13.75
- Mega BCAA 1400 - Scitec NutritionSpecial Price €12.60