Healthy fats are essential components of "healthy" fats which help to improve brain function, regulate blood pressure and cholesterol, and promote immunity. They are essential nutrients, so it is essential to supplement them with an appropriate diet or with supplements.
Omega fatty acids are divided into polyunsaturated essential omega-3 and omega-6, which the body cannot produce itself, and mono-saturated omega-9 fatty acid. It is most commonly found in the diet and is not an essential amino acid because its synthesis takes place in the human body.
Advantages of omega 3-6-9 fatty acids.
There are many reasons why it is needed and necessary to take care to replenish omega fatty acids. See the most important and most beneficial for health:
improving brain functionality
regulating blood pressure and cholesterol
supporting the immune system
a positive effect on autoimmune diseases
anti-inflammatory effects and prevention of infections
reducing the risk of atherosclerosis
effective in preventing heart attacks
slowing down the aging process
a beneficial effect on neurological and psychiatric diseases
reducing the risk of diabetes
a help for healing psoriasis
protection of DNA from UV radiation, reducing skin cancer prospects
reducing the risk of premature birth
reducing the feeling of stress and aggression in children and adults
improving the course of painful menstruation
promoting muscle regeneration
increasing physical performance and endurance.
Sources of omega fatty acids
Natural sources of omega-9 include vegetable oils - especially olive and rapeseed oil. The lack of omega-9 fatty acids is not often encountered as it is abundantly contained in the normal diet and can be produced by the body itself.
Omega-6 fatty acids are part of the pumpkin and sunflower seeds, also in walnuts and soybeans, in rape, corn or peanuts.
As far as omega-3 fatty acids are concerned, we cannot omit its division into ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid). It is important to receive a combination of all three ALA + DHA + EPA, each of which is available in another food.
We obtain ALA from linseed oil, pumpkin seeds, walnuts and, in small quantities, from soybean, olive oil or wheat germ.
The source of EPA and DHA is fish meat fat. Of sea fish, it is especially tuna, mackerel, herring, sardine, salmon, anchovies. From freshwater fish, these include eel, feather, grayling, trout, catfish and carp. They can also be replaced by fish oil.
Usually, a combination of omega-3 fatty acids is a deficient element in the body. If one is taking enough ALA from their diet, he lacks EPA and DHA because he does not eat fish. In this case, we recommend replenish omega-3 in the form of tablets or in liquid form as fish oil.
When to take for omega fatty acid supplements
According to experts, we should include fish in the diet twice a week to obtain the necessary amount of omega-3 fatty acids while reducing the risk of cerebral vascular disorders by up to 6%.
However, the specific smell and taste of fish, allergies or lifestyles prevent most people from consuming fish in such quantities. Slovaks generally consume very little fish. Only 18% of Slovaks eat fish at least once a week, with a European average of up to 42%. In particular, risk groups are children, pregnant and breastfeeding women, vegans and seniors who should seek food supplements containing omega fatty acids. 
Recommended dosage of omega fatty acids
A beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250 mg EPA and DHA. We recommend combining omega fatty acids with vitamin B, which increases their effect.hide description
- CLA + CARNITINE - BPI SPORTSSpecial Price €29.95
- Krill oil - GymBeamSpecial Price €11.95
- Dexi Omega 3 – 2000 - Stacker2Special Price €14.45
- Omega 3 - Reflex NutritionSpecial Price €8.99
- Super Omega 3-6-9 - NOW FoodsSpecial Price €18.55
- Cod Liver Oil - NOW FoodsSpecial Price €11.35
- Omega-3 Fish Oil Liquid - NOW FoodsSpecial Price €18.95
- Neptune Krill Oil 500 mg - NOW FoodsSpecial Price €26.55
- Flax Oil 1000 mg - NOW FoodsSpecial Price €10.20
- Omega 3 - The Protein WorksSpecial Price €5.50
- CLA - The Protein WorksSpecial Price €6.60
- Red-Cell™ - The Protein WorksSpecial Price €26.60
- Vegan Omega 3:6:9 Ahiflower® Oil - The Protein WorksSpecial Price €10.80
- Elite Krill Oil 60 caps - OstroVit PharmaSpecial Price €9.99
- Pumpkin Seed Oil - GymBeamSpecial Price €6.95
- Liquid Omega 3-6-9 - NOW FodsSpecial Price €14.99
- Omega 3-6-9 1000 mg - NOW FoodsSpecial Price €11.99
- Sunflower Lecithin 1200mg - NOW FoodsSpecial Price €9.95
- Omega 3 - PRO!BRANDSSpecial Price €8.99
- Lecitin 1200 mg - Now FoodsSpecial Price €8.95