Plant-based proteins support growth and preservation of muscle mass and also contribute to bone health. They come from plant sources of protein and are therefore suitable for vegetarians, vegans and people with lactose intolerance. They differ from animal proteins by the amount of essential amino acids that the body can not produce. Only quinoa, buckwheat, chia seeds, soy protein and hemp protein contain all 9 essential amino acids and thus belong to the complete proteins. The remaining plant-based proteins are incomplete because they lack one or more essential amino acids. For this reason, multi-component plant proteins arised which combine multiple sources of plant protein and thus complement all essential amino acids.
The best plant-based proteins include soy protein, pea protein, hemp protein, rice protein and multi-component plant proteins. They are rich in vitamins and minerals, phytonutrients, antioxidants and fiber. They belong to easily soluble and well absorbed proteins that you can prepare as a healthy snack any time of the day. They are used to quickly supplement proteins in the form of a protein drink or you can add them to your favorite fitness recipes. You can find out more about plant-based proteins in our article Vegan and vegetarian proteins and their differences, effects and benefits.
Plant-based proteins and their benefits:
- come only from plant sources of protein
- are suitable for vegetarians, vegans and people with lactose allergies
- support growth and maintenance of muscle mass
- contribute to bone health
- are full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- BIO Protein Superfood - Amazing GrassSpecial Price €29.99
- Protein Gold Standard 100% Plant - Optimum NutritionSpecial Price €23.95
- Organic Hemp Protein - NaturyaOut of stock
- BIO Sprouted Sweet Lupine Protein - PURYA!Out of stock
- BIO Rice protein - PURYA!Out of stock
- BIO Pumpkin Seed Protein - PURYA!Out of stock