Creatine is an organic acid that is naturally found in the human body and helps to supply muscles with energy. This promotes muscle growth, increased strength and volume. It is an amino acid composed of arginine, glycine and methionine. It is produced naturally by the body which even produces 1-2 g of creatine per day. The human body can produce it itself from the available amino acids taken in the food, but this process is complex and burdens the metabolism.
Forms of creatine:
- Creatine monohydrate
- Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE)
- Creatine pH-X
- Creatine phosphate
- Creatine Melt
- Keratin pyruvate
- Mg-creatine chelate
- Krea genic
The most well-known form of creatine is creatine monohydrate, which is considered the most effective type of creatine, and is used to increase weight and increase muscle mass. It is very suitable for vegetarians as they do not consume meat and therefore the amount of creatine in their body is lower. Kre-Alkalyn and Krea Genic creatins are newer and more stable types of creatine, even up to 10 times stronger than traditional creatine, ensuring higher performance. Creatine Ethyl ester phosphate helps to increase muscle mass, also increases strength and performance. Multi-component creatine is the most innovative type of creatine and its benefits include rapid absorption, increased muscle mass, energy, performance and body weight. Ph-X Creatine is a type of creatine in which a saturation phase is not necessary and therefore passes through the digestive tract without change, and immediately enters the bloodstream.
Who is recommended to use creatine as a supplement?
Creatine is recommended to be used mainly by athletes with short-term muscle load (for sports such as boxing, football, sprint, strength sports and bodybuilding), as it increases muscle strength, explosiveness and endurance. At high creatine intake, the body can respond by increasing weight by up to 2 kilograms in 7 days. This is because creatine binds water. However, at lower creatine intake, these weight gains have not been demonstrated.
Creatine and its effects
•improves heart health and activity
•protects cell membranes
•protects the nervous system
•promotes physical performance
•reduces the risk or level of depression
•supports memory and learning
•improves bone quality (in combination with vitamin D3)
•protects DNA from damage
•slows the growth and multiplication of cancer cells
•improves and rejuvenates the skin
Creatine and its other advantages
•Neuro-protective effects on neurological diseases such as Parkinson or Huntington’s disease.
•A sufficient amount of creatine helps to improve the optimal concentration of ATP (adenosine triphosphate - i.e., immediately utilizable energy for muscle activity) in the form of creatine phosphate, which provides increased muscle cell volume, increased strength and muscle mass building. Creatine leads water into the cells. The osmotic effect is not just the retention and stretching of the water. It means there is more nutrients inside the cell.
•Weight gain from the correct creatine supplementation range from 5 to 10% and the body weight increases by an average of 3 to 10% after a 2-month cycle.
Interesting facts about creatine:
•The combination of creatine and caffeine does not reduce its effect.
•20% of people consuming creatine from supplementary nutrition do not feel any change because these people have a sufficient amount of their normal diet.
•The standard diet contains 1 g of creatine per day. Most people experience benefits when consuming an additional 3-5 grams of creatine per day.
•Creatine supplementation can be even more effective when combined with carbohydrate intake for the first 2 weeks.
•Based on current information, increased dietary intake of creatine has no negative impact on health.
- Micronized Creatine Monohydrate Powder (100% Creapure®) - GymBeamSpecial Price €5.95
- Creatine Monohydrate Creapure® - NutrendSpecial Price €18.70
- Creatine (Creapure®) - Bodylab24Special Price €16.95
- Creatin Monohydrat Powder - Mammut NutritionSpecial Price €9.55
- Creatin Monohydrat - Mammut NutritionSpecial Price €6.80
- Creatine Monohydrate - Go On NutritionSpecial Price €6.99
- Crea7in Sample - GymBeamSpecial Price €0.99
- Creapure® Creatine Powder - Reflex NutritionSpecial Price €13.95
- Creatine Monohydrate - Bodylab24Special Price €8.95
- Tango - Redcon1Special Price €18.95
- Creatine Decanate - MuscleMedsSpecial Price €14.99
- Kre-Alkalyn® Creatine - NOW FoodsSpecial Price €22.95
- Kre-Alkalyn 1500 mg - Applied NutritionSpecial Price €20.55
- Micronized Creatine Monohydrate - BPI SportsSpecial Price €8.95
- 6th Gear Creatine Complex - Stacker2Special Price €25.95
- Complete Creatine - Stacker2Special Price €17.95
- Supreme Pure Creatine Monohydrate 500 g - OstroVitSpecial Price €6.99