Weight Lifting Gloves
Weight Lifting Gloves
Weight Lifting Gloves are no longer some kind of rarity in the gym today and should not be omitted by any sportsman who wants to protect his hands from sports injuries and damage. However, their role is not only to protect hands from blisters and abrasions, but also to dissipate sweat, making the exercise equipment non-slippery in the hands. Protective gloves should not be missing in any sports equipment, and immediately after the first workout with them, every athlete asks himself how it is possible that he has exercise without them up to now.
How to choose fitness gloves for exercising?
In fact, choosing gloves for exercise is not so difficult. We will be particularly interested in the material from which the gloves are made, their type and, of course, the size.
Material of sports gloves
When choosing the glove material, take into account the type of exercise you are doing. Breathable gloves will protect you from the build-up of sweat and also from heat. For hygienic reasons, it is recommended to wear gloves that can be washed. Let’s take a look at the most common materials and their basic advantages.
Leather fitness gloves
- last longer and are less prone to wear
- more suitable for lifting larger weights in the gym
- they are stronger
- protect against friction and blistering
Neoprene fitness gloves
- they are more comfortable
- recommended for lifting lower weights
- more breathable
- remove moisture
Leather gloves with nylon pad
- they are more durable
- offer greater freedom of movement comparing to only leather gloves
- more breathable
In addition to these materials, there are also gloves that have a rubber pad on the palm. It also helps to prevent the slipping of the weight and the movement of the hands on the rod.
Types of fitness gloves
Fingerless gloves are a type of gloves that don't protect your fingers. They are used for cycling, but they are also the most commonly used gloves for strength training. When selecting this type of gloves, the kind of physical activity in which they will be used should be considered too.
- they are breathable and carry of the sweat well
- provide a greater range of motion
- allow a more gripping and flexible grip
- some may contain magnesium for greater grip stability
- longer durability
- suitable for cycling, but especially for strength training
Wrist wrap gloves
In addition to protecting the hands, wrist wrap gloves also serve to strengthen the wrist during training. Thanks to them, the wrist is always in one position without any twisting or overload. For this type of glove, we recommend those that have a sewn wrist strap and are therefore part of it.
- strengthen wrists and protect against injury
- recommended when training with heavy weights
- suitable for advanced and professional athletes
- they also offer the benefits of fingerless gloves
Gripper gloves protect only the lower parts of four fingers. They are recommended for exercise without weight only with a rod, for pull-ups, climbing or for exercising with kettlebells. They allow a wide range of motion and include non-slip pads.
- allow a wide range of motion
- include non-slip pads
- provide more flexible movement
- suitable for exercises with or without weights
Gloves for women
There are also female gloves, but the only difference between female and male gloves is in their size. Gloves for women are smaller and sewn so that they fit precisely on a woman's hand, while avoiding movement hindering. As for the various designs, the women's fitness gloves provide the widest choice of them. In this way, every woman can emphasize her individuality through the brighter colours.
How to choose the right glove size?
Choosing the right glove size is very important. Gloves must fit well to make your workout easier and not vice versa unpleasant. When choosing a size, you should keep in mind that they should not hang on your hands, neither they should be too tight. This could hinder a good grip.
1. First, tie the meter for sewing around the dominant hand (because it is larger) by finger knuckles around the toes. However, skip the thumb.
2. Push your hand to a table or other flat surface, but let your fingers relax. This way the hand spreads in the widest place.
3. Then measure this part of your hand to get the most accurate measurement. However, the meter should be even with the skin.
4. Finally, record the measurements and compare them with size table data.
- Grippad Push your limits - C.P. SportsSpecial Price €3.95
- Fitness Gloves Iron Pink - C.P. SportsSpecial Price €9.95
- Fitness Gloves Iron Neon - C.P. SportsSpecial Price €9.95
- Fitness Gloves Leather Camo - C.P. SportsSpecial Price €10.99
- Fitness Gloves Power Pink - C.P. SportsSpecial Price €7.95
- Fitness Gloves Power Neon - C.P. SportsSpecial Price €7.95
- Fitness Gloves Turquoise - C.P. SportsSpecial Price €12.99
- Fitness Gloves Red - C.P. SportsSpecial Price €12.99
- Fitness Gloves Leather Blue - C.P. SportsSpecial Price €10.99
- Grippy Yoga Gloves Black - GAIAMSpecial Price €14.95
- Crossfit X Gloves Black - MADMAXSpecial Price €24.95
- Women's fitness gloves Pro Pink - HarbingerSpecial Price €19.95
- Fitness gloves Pro black - HarbingerSpecial Price €19.95
- Training Grip Black Fitness Gloves - HarbingerSpecial Price €27.95
- Fitness gloves Professional Exclusive - MADMAXSpecial Price €14.95
- Fitness Gloves Extreme 2nd Edition - MADMAXSpecial Price €19.95
- Damasteel Fitness Gloves - MADMAXSpecial Price €21.95
- Fitness Gloves for Women Lady Motivation Pink - ChibaSpecial Price €14.95
- Athletic Fitness Gloves - ChibaSpecial Price €7.95
- Motivation Grippad Pink - ChibaSpecial Price €9.95
- Motivation Grippad Black - ChibaSpecial Price €9.95
- Iron III Fitness Gloves - ChibaSpecial Price €22.95
- Gel Extreme Fitness Gloves - ChibaSpecial Price €24.95
- Fitness gloves Classic - ChibaSpecial Price €24.95
- Grippad No pain no gain - C.P. SportsOut of stock