Reflex Nutrition Creatine
Creatine from manufacturer Reflex Nutrition is a category of dietary supplements with the content of creatine monohydrate, multi component creatine, or other forms of creatine. It is a molecule that is made from the amino acids glycine, arginine and methionine in the liver and kidneys. That said, you can also find it in various foods or the average mixed diet, which contains about 1-2 grams of creatine per day. However, its greatest source are meat and fish.
Effects of creatine
The role of creatine is to promote the regeneration of ATP, which is known as a quick source of energy. Therefore, it has the ability to increase physical performance during short-term consecutive intervals of intensive training. Thanks to this, it can promote explosive strength and be of help, for example, in speed or strength sports.
Who benefits from taking creatine?
Thanks to its aforementioned effects, creatine is especially useful for:
- strength athletes (bodybuilders, powerlifters, fitness)
- speed athletes (sprinters, swimmers, 200 m runners, track cyclists, downhill skiers)
- fans of intensive training like HIIT or CrossFit
- team sport players that require explosive strength like hockey, football, rugby, American football or basketball players
- martial artists
- racquet sport athletes (tennis players, squash players or badminton players)
The benefits of creatine make it suitable for beginners as well as professional athletes. It can also be taken by women, who will benefit from its effects to support their efforts to achieve maximum performance.
Forms of creatine
Creatine can be found in a variety of forms that vary in solubility, absorbability, and composition. For example, due to better water solubility and absorption rate, creatine is micronized into a very fine powder. In our offer, you can also find a special certified form of creatine monohydrate called Creapure®. It is a 100% pure, laboratory-tested creatine, which is produced in Germany under strict conditions and control tests.
The most popular forms of creatine include:
- Creatine monohydrate – creatine bound to a single water molecule. It contains about 90% pure creatine. It ranks among the most popular and effective forms.
- Creatine ethyl ester (CEE) – an esterified form of creatine monohydrate, which was developed to improve its absorption rate.
- Creatine hydrochloride (HCl) – is bound to hydrochloric acid on the molecular level.
- Creatine malate – forms a bond with the salt of malic acid, due to which it has a slightly sour taste.
- Kre-Alkaline – a buffered form of creatine monohydrate with a higher pH, developed to improve its absorption rate.
- Creatine citrate – forms a bond with citric acid or citrate, that is, the salt of citric acid.
- Creatine nitrate – forms a bond with part of the nitrate molecule and is well soluble in water.
- Creatine magnesium chelate – is bound with a molecule of magnesium. Some studies show that it is more effective than creatine monohydrate.
- Creatine gluconate – formed by bonding with a glucose molecule. This one is presumed to be better absorbable when taken with meals.
- Creatine pyruvate – bound with pyruvic acid, due to which it is linked with better usability.
- Creatine alpha-ketoglutarate – is a creatine molecule bound to a part of alpha-ketoglutaric acid.
- Multicomponent creatine – combines the benefits of multiple forms of creatine into one blend. For example, it can contain up to 7 forms of creatine in one product, such as Crea7in.
Creatine is therefore a proven and effective way to increase your athletic performance. However, only under the condition of long-term use, that is, every day in amounts of 3-5 grams. If you are more interested in the topic concerning creatine, be sure to check out our article: How to Choose the Best Creatine. Afterwards, feel free to choose from a variety of our products and feel the magic of creatine on your own performance.