OstroVit B Vitamins
B Vitamins from manufacturer OstroVit is a category that covers supplements containing B vitamins. These include vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9 and B12. They rank among water-soluble vitamins, which are easily absorbed in our body. Thanks to this, they will reliably do their job and any excess amount will simply be excreted. Our body is unable to store most of the B vitamins in larger quantities. Thus, their deficiency can be felt earlier than in the case of fat-soluble vitamins. It is therefore important to regularly supplement B vitamins through diet or supplements, either in the form of tablets, capsules, effervescent tablets, gummy vitamins, drops, sprays, or oils. To this day, liposomal vitamins remain the best absorbable form of these nutrients.
The most popular examples of supplements from this category are:
B Vitamins: function and recommended daily intake
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) is needed for the production of the base form of energy in the form of ATP, which powers every physical activity. In addition, it also has an effect on proper functioning of the nervous system and mental well-being. The recommended daily intake is 0.84-1.3 mg.
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) participates in enzymatic functions of the antioxidant system and supports metabolism important for energy production. It also affects our mental well-being, proper iron metabolism and protects cells from oxidative stress. In addition, it helps with maintaining healthy mucous membranes, red blood cells, skin, good eyesight, and also helps reduce fatigue and exhaustion. The recommended daily intake is 1-1.6 mg.
- Vitamin B3 (niacin) affects proper metabolism, which is important for energy production. On top of that, it also beneficially influences the nervous system, mental well-being and helps reduce both fatigue and exhaustion. However, it also contributes to the maintenance of healthy skin and the preservation of healthy mucous membranes. The recommended daily intake is 11-16 mg.
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) is involved mainly in the synthesis and metabolism of steroid hormones, vitamin D and some neurotransmitters. In addition, it helps reduce fatigue, exhaustion and promotes optimal mental performance. It also contributes to the proper function of metabolism, which is important for energy production. The recommended daily intake is 5 mg.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) participates in the utilization of glycogen in the body, which is necessary for energy supply during physical performance. What's more, it also contributes, for example, to the regulation of hormonal activity, proper immune functions as well as the optimal production of red blood cells. Lastly, it helps reduce fatigue, exhaustion and supports optimal mental well-being as well as the health of the nervous system. The recommended daily intake is around 1.4–1.7 mg
- Vitamin B7 (biotin, vitamin H) affects the metabolism of all macronutrients in the body and is involved in supporting mental well-being and the health of the nervous system. It is also no less significant for maintaining healthy hair and skin. The recommended daily intake is 40 µg.
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid, folate) is especially important for pregnant women, as it is critical during the development and growth stage of the fetus. In addition, it also helps with reducing fatigue, exhaustion and supporting the immune system. Apart from that, it also participates in the process of cell division and the production of blood cells. The recommended daily intake is 300-330 µg.
- Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) contributes to maintaining proper mental health and the function of the nervous system. In addition, it influences the production of red blood cells and also plays a role in the process of cell division. The recommended daily intake is 4 µg.
The recommended daily intake range of the average adult is determined according to the methodologies of the European Food Safety Authority and the reference values of the Nutrition Societies of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
If you want to learn more about other vitamins, their types, function, recommended daily intake, or the symptoms of deficiency and vitamin toxicity, be sure to check out our article: The Complete Guide to Vitamins: What They’re For, How to Know When You’re Deficient and How Much to Take?
Vitamin B Complex 90 tabs - OstroVit0% (0)€6.95
Brain Focus - OstroVit0% (0)€10.95
Magnez MAX + Vitamin 60 tabs - OstroVit100 % (3)€3.95
Anticramp max - OstroVit87 % (4)€3.95
Pure Inositol - OstroVit0% (0)€11.95
Biotin VEGE - OstroVit100 % (5)€4.95