Types of canned fish
In this category, you will find the most popular fish and seafood products, which you can use in the preparation of your favourite dishes at home or on the go.
- Fish in brine: These products are preserved in brine so that you can enjoy their natural taste. In addition, they contain only natural fats, which is sure to be appreciated by all those who keep a close eye on their caloric intake. Examples include sardines and tuna in brine.
- Fish in oil: These products contain slightly more calories, but typically boast a more pronounced taste with a higher content of healthy (unsaturated) fats. The most popular products are tuna, sardines, mackerel in olive oil, or cod liver.
- Fish salads: In addition to fish, salads contain selected vegetables, cereals, or legumes. They have a more complex ingredient profile, which makes them well suited for hikes or adventuring. A great choice is the Mexican Tuna Salad.
Why is eating fish healthy?
Consuming fish or seafood on a regular basis belongs to the core principles of a healthy diet. This is because it is the richest source of health-promoting fats, in particular the omega-3 fatty acids. These play a number of important roles in the body and promote the optimal function of heart, brain, and eyesight. However, our body is not able to produce them on its own in sufficient quantities, and it is therefore important to ensure their intake either through diet or dietary supplements. Experts typically recommend eating fish at least 2-3 times a week. What's more, fish also boast excellent nutritional values, being notably high in the content of high-quality protein and fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K).
How to include fish in your diet?
- Tuna, sardines, and other types of fish taste great with crunchy pastry, rice bread or crispbread.
- In just a few minutes, you can also turn them into a delicious spread.
- In addition, they fit perfectly into salads, wraps, or poke bowls.
- That said, you can also use them to quickly prepare a complex hot meal in combination with couscous, bulgur, quinoa, pasta, or vegetables.
- Last but not least, these products come in a practical packaging so that you can take them on your journeys and have a quick source of protein always at hand.