DR. GOERG Oils
Oils from manufacturer DR. GOERG is a category of products that features a variety of vegetable oils and animal fats. Our body requires these to function properly. As you probably know, there are many different uses for different types of oils. One of their most traditional uses is for baking, roasting or frying. However, they are also an essential part of cold dishes, typically used in the preparation of salads. By adding oil, you will provide your body with the means to get the most from fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K) found in fruit and vegetables.
That said, some oils are even used as part of beauty care products. For example, coconut oil is often used to make hair masks and moisturize dry skin. Every oil has its own specific properties, for which it is valued and sought after. Individual types of oil differ depending on the raw materials used to produce them, processing methods, form and their usage.
How are oils divided according to their consistency?
- Liquid form: This one stands out due to its high practicality, as you can easily measure a teaspoon or a couple of drops to add to your salad or put on a pan when roasting. This consistency is typical, for example, for olive, avocado, flaxseed or pumpkin seed oil.
- Cooking spray form: Some liquid oils can be used in the form of a spray. This is especially useful if you want to apply an even layer on your dish or reduce the amount of oil used. With the help of a cooking spray oil, it is easy to apply just a thin layer on the bottom of the pan or casserole dish. You can use, for example, the coconut, canola or olive cooking spray.
- Solid form: This consistency is usually that of ghee (clarified butter) or coconut oil. However, if you store them in warm conditions, their consistency will gradually loosen and can become completely liquid, especially in the case of coconut oil. It all depends on the ambient temperature.
What are the most popular oils in this category?
- Coconut oil, which is typical with its specific taste and aroma, reminiscent of coconut. This makes it popular for roasting, but also for preparing desserts as it will give them extra flavour. However, there are also variants that are deprived of these properties, which makes it practically impossible to tell that it is an oil from this fruit.
- MCT oils are unique in that the body can use them almost immediately as a source of energy. The contained fats (fatty acids) have a medium chain length, due to which they are digested at a faster rate. Typically, they contain both caprylic and capric acids and are popular among the followers of paleo or low-carb diets. MCT oils are also sought after by athletes in order to help them replenish energy. That said, they are not suitable for prolonged cooking sessions at high temperatures.
- Olive oil is typically cold-pressed and retains a number of beneficial substances. It is a great fit for salads, bakery goods and other cold kitchen recipes. If you want to get the most out of it, you should avoid using it when cooking at high temperatures. An exception to this may be the refined olive oil.
- Avocado oil, just like olive oil, contains mostly monounsaturated healthy fats. If you use these to replace the saturated fats in your diet, you can easily contribute to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels. Thanks to its processing method, avocado oil also retains a number of other beneficial substances. It is suitable for the preparation of both hot and cold kitchen recipes. Moreover, it is also great for salads, roasting and for preparing marinades.
- Ghee is a clarified butter that works great as an alternative to the traditional butter. It does not contain water or milk protein, which makes it an optimal choice for people who avoid lactose. Ghee can be used for both cooking and for making delicious homemade spreads.
- Selected seed oils further expand the range of commonly available oils with less common, but no less interesting alternatives. These include oils made from flaxseed, chia and pumpkin seeds. In addition, the offer also includes oils made from milk thistle or grape seeds. Each of these oils has specific properties, taste, smell and use. Therefore, they will definitely find their place in your kitchen and you can use them to conjure up countless original dishes.
- Other oils – the aforementioned oils are not the only ones that are available. You can also find sunflower oil, which is used for cooking various dishes. Argan oil is worth mentioning as well, as it is quite popular due to being used in beauty products.
Therefore, both vegetable oils and animal fats make for great helpers in the kitchen. According to their type, they are perfectly suited for preparing cold or hot dishes. You can also prepare delicious marinades, season your salads, or prepare other goodies when using them for roasting and frying. Of course, oils are also great for dough and various creams when preparing desserts.
As you may know, fats are the carriers of flavour. With the help of oils and fats, you will create an extraordinary experience from every sweet or salty dish. In addition, you will support the absorption rate of fat-soluble vitamins and the intake of other beneficial substances. Some oils can even be used to promote beauty, as they are often used to nourish hair and skin. How about trying a coconut oil hair mask?
Want to learn more about oils and fats? Then you should not miss our article: Fats, Which Are Bad and Which Are Good?