Chia seeds are an excellent source of fiber, antioxidants, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, vitamins and minerals. They absorb water very easily to form a healthy and easily digestible gel. They have the ability to lower blood sugar, detoxification, fill you perfectly, support a healthy digestive system, weight loss and improve mental concentration.
Chia Seeds - miracle seeds for overall health
Chia seeds are an excellent source of fiber, full of antioxidants and protein, containing many vitamins and minerals and the richest known plant source of essential fatty acids. Chia seeds contain 32% of fat, 60% of that are omega-3 fatty acids.
Chia seeds have excellent ability to bind with water and thus create soft, healthy and easily digestible gel. Human body has an important ability to lower blood sugar levels thanks to this gel - chia help prolong the process of converting consumed carbohydrates into glucose, there is no rapid rise in blood sugar, and we don't feel hunger for longer time because of the subsequent drop in blood sugar (particular food, its quantity and glycemic index play a crucial role here). This property of chia seed is especially important for diabetics, but it is very useful to general public.
Chia seeds have excellent hydrophilic properties, ie. high ability to bind with water - one seed can swell up to 12 times its size (in the form of a light gel - this is consumed by Indian runners). These hydrophilic properties of chia seeds help the body to ensure a higher hydration (inside) - very important in sports performance and during any psychical activity.
Country of origin: Argentina
Chia seeds and their benefits
- provide energy throughout the day
- enhance mental concentration
- large proportion of fiber
- they have the highest content of omega-3 and 6 fatty acids (80% over flax seeds)
- ensure weight loss without hunger
- high in B vitamins
- contain 5-times more calcium than milk
- contain 5-times more protein than other seeds
- contain 2 times more potassium than bananas
- 3 times more antioxidants than blueberries
- containing 3 times more iron than spinach
- they are a highly efficient antioxidant
- support detoxification
Chia seeds and their effects:
- support healthy heart and vascular system, regulate blood pressure,
- lower the level of cholesterol and triglycerides,
- stabilizes blood sugar,
- participats in building thin muscle fibers,
- detoxifies the body,
- helps to fight Alzheimer's,
- supports overall well beign, concentration and memory
- supplies the body with energy.
Chia seeds and what you need to know about them?
- Chia seeds have higher content of omega-3 fatty acids than fish products. Compared to fish and meat products it doesn't contain toxins (dioxin and mercury).
- Regulate sugar metabolism and are therefore very popular among athletes (especially runners). They maintain a steady blood sugar level.
- Contain 5 times as much calcium as milk does (600mg per 100g Chia and 120mg per 100g milk). Calcium found in Chia is easier to diges in the body than calcium from milk. This is because chia includes a mineral called boron, which acts as a catalyst for the digestion of calcium in the body.
- Support natural detoxification of the body. Detoxification refers to all organs in the body, but the most important is the skin, kidneys and liver. Eating raw vegetables, fruits, brown rice (natural), millet or quinoa and chia seeds will help us to purify the colon, which is the most important organ in detoxification.
- Essential fatty acids are very important to improve mood, concentration and other brain activities. Chia seeds are also an excellent source of energy.
- They have a high antioxidant activity. The most important antioxidants that it provides are chlorogenic acid, caffeic acid and flavanol glycoside. Because oxidation is significantly delayed, Chia offers tremendous potential in the food industry, if we compare it with other sources of Alpha linolenic acids such as. linseed, which show the rapid degradation due to the lack of antioxidants.
- There is evidence that the consumption of Chia seeds can improve your overall health, but still, as in other cases you should use it "in moderation". The maximum recommended daily dose is 25 g = 2,5 teaspoons
How can you eat chia seeds?
Chia seeds can be used in any way. You can add them to your cereals, to water, milk, wherever you can think of. Chia pudding is also excellent, which you can prepare by blending milk with a banana, add some honey into it, chia seeds and let it stand for a while in the fridge. You can try to ground them to a fine powder and use it to thicken other meals.
|Nutrition Facts||per 100 g|
|Energy value||2034 kJ/ 486 kcal|
|- of which saturates||3,3 g|
|- of which sugars||0,8 g|
Store in a dry place and protect from heat.