NOW Foods Superfoods
Superfoods from manufacturer NOW Foods is a category with foods that contain a high amount of biologically active substances. These are associated with positive effects on overall health, vitality and functioning of the body. Such beneficial substances include, for example, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and other biologically active compounds. To get your hands on superfoods, you don't even have to go out of your way. You probably already have them in your fridge or pantry. This is because blueberries, eggs, or sour cabbage also rank among superfoods. That said, each superfood contains slightly different beneficial substances, so it is optimal to combine them in different ways to maximize the intake of said substances.
What are the best superfoods in the category?
- Ginger shots – ginger is a popular spice that is used as an ingredient in dishes, but it is also drunk in the form of tea. The latter is especially popular during the cold winter months, when everyone is trying their hardest to stay fit and maintain their health. If you want ginger in a more concentrated form, and you are not discouraged by its spicy flavour, then you should definitely reach for the ginger shots. You can drink them as they are or mix them with another drink. Then, during the summer, you can pour them in an ice cube tray and the resulting ice cubes will then freshen up any drink or beverage. However, you can give a chance to the other shots as well, which include, for example, chilli & turmeric, matcha or aronia.
- Green foods – some of the most popular green foods are chlorella, spirulina, barley grass or spinach. These are known for their content of health-promoting substances, which is why people like to add them to porridges, smoothies, and other dishes. What's more, they are also used to support the natural detoxification processes in the body, which are going on all the time. The benefits of several types of these green foods can be combined, for example, in the form of the BIO Greens Mix.
- Green tea such as matcha is characterized primarily with a high content of antioxidants. Apart from using it to prepare drinks, its powdered form can be added, for example, to various dishes. Also, due to its green colour, it is often used as a natural dye for desserts.
- Psyllium is a soluble fibre that is important for proper digestion. It is obtained from an herb called Plantago ovata and is popular among people who would like to optimize their digestion. This soluble fibre binds water to itself in the intestine, which makes it swell up and take up more space. Adding it to food can be therefore beneficial for losing weight.
- Mushroom extracts are becoming increasingly popular and are the subject of many studies. They are used for optimizing health and promoting vitality. Functional beneficial mushrooms include, for example, reishi, cordyceps, hericium, shiitake, maitake or the oyster mushroom.
- Bee products, such as pollen, belong to natural antioxidants, which are known for their content of beneficial substances.
- Fruit and vegetable powders – are a concentrated form of health-promoting substances from fruit and can be added to food or drinks. The beetroot powder is a great example, as you can add it to dough and create the very popular Red Velvet Cake.
- Cocoa products are made from cocoa beans, which contain important antioxidants. You can choose, for example, traditional cocoa, but cocoa beans are also available.
- Dried fruit ranks among popular superfoods. Take goji (Chinese desert thorn seeds) for example, which stands out with its content of vitamins and minerals.
- However, these are not the only superfoods. Maca is also very popular and can be enjoyed in the form of a cocoa drink. And how could we forget about ashwagandha, which is considered to be an adaptogen, guarana, which is used to support mental wellbeing. And finally, one more superfood is Yerba maté.
Every superfood has a different content and number of health-promoting substances. Therefore, it is ideal to combine various sources in order to maximize your health. You can eat them as they are or as part of your dishes or drinks. If you want to learn more about superfoods, definitely check out our article: Superfoods and Their Effects on Health and Immunity.
Spirulina 500 mg - NOW Foods0% (0)€7.95
Acai 500 mg - NOW Foods0% (0)€10.95
Out of stockAlfalfa 650 mg - NOW Foods0% (0)
Out of stock
Out of stock