Probiotics occur naturally in fermented food, which include, for example, yogurts, cheese, and sauerkraut. People whose diet is not varied enough look for probiotics in the form of nutritional supplements. These offer concentrated sources of different strains of probiotics with a functional content of several billion colony forming units (CFU).
Complex probiotic supplements
A good example is complex probiotic supplement, which include:
- Probio Pink specially designed for women. It contains both probiotics and prebiotic fibre, thanks to which it can effectively support the absorption of nutrients, the intestinal microbiome, digestion and women's intimate health.
- ProbioTen, which forms a complex of 10 strains of probiotics with 10 billion CFU (colony forming units) for optimal digestion. At the same time, it contains the prebiotic fibre inulin, which serves as food for bacteria in the large intestine and thus helps them grow.
If you would like to know more about the topic of probiotics, read our article Probiotics: The Importance of Beneficial Bacteria for Immunity and Overall Health of Athletes.
In this category, we should mention digestive enzymes, which help break down food so that the body can absorb important nutrients from it. Most of them are mainly produced by the pancreas. The stomach, small intestine or oral cavity are also involved in the formation of others.
Digestive enzymes can be divided into four main types. They help to properly break down and use substances from food. These include:
- amylase - a digestive enzyme that is mainly secreted by the pancreas and salivary glands. Its main function is to ensure the breakdown of starch into simpler carbohydrates.
- protease - a group of enzymes necessary for digestion, because it is involved in breaking down protein into smaller polypeptides or individual amino acids.
- lipase - a digestive enzyme that breaks down fat into simpler structures so that it can then be used optimally.
- lactase - a digestive enzyme that splits lactose (milk sugar) into glucose and galactose. It might be suitable for people with lactose intolerance.
You can also find products containing these five digestive enzymes on the market. An ideal example is DigeZyme, which supports optimal digestion and absorption of nutrients from food.
If you would like to know more about this topic, check out our article Digestive Enzymes - Their Types, Sources and Importance for the Human Body.
Choose from our wide range of probiotics and digestive enzymes and feel their effects on your own skin.