OstroVit Multi Component Whey Protein
Multi Component Whey Protein from manufacturer OstroVit is a category of products which encompasses blends of several types of whey proteins. These generally contain whey concentrate, isolate and hydrolysate in a variety of ratios. They tend to boast a favourable amino acid profile and contain proteins with high usability rates. Mixing several types of whey proteins results in a blend with more complex properties. For example, a product in this category may combine fast absorbing proteins obtained from whey hydrolysate with slightly slower absorbing proteins from whey concentrate. One prototypical product in this category is for example Just Whey.
Who can benefit the most from multi component whey protein supplements?
- Strength and endurance athletes looking to supply their body with both fast and slow absorbing protein types at the same time
- Anyone seeking to ensure a proper daily protein intake
- Anyone looking to increase their protein intake to facilitate weight loss
- Cooks looking to increase protein content in the dishes they prepare
- Persons in convalescence after an accident.
- Anyone looking to give their body a solid source of high quality protein.
What is the serving amount of multi component whey protein powder?
With whey protein supplements, it is generally recommended to serve about 0.25 - 0.3 g per kg of body weight. If you can’t be bothered with calculating, you won’t go wrong with a serving of about 20 - 40 g of the product. This corresponds to a roughly topped 30 g measuring scoop. The upper limit of 40 g is intended for strength athletes after a full body training, when the body requires extra protein.
How to take multi component whey protein supplements?
- The typical way of using a whey protein supplement is to mix it with water or milk, creating a delicious shake that can be consumed anytime throughout your day.
- However, it also tastes great in a variety of porridge bowls and oatmeals that will benefit from the added protein.
- A protein supplement can be added to a baking dough to create protein-packed desserts.
- The unflavoured versions are perfect for preparing savoury dishes, such as protein-enriched pizza.
- It can be added to a smoothie or a cup of coffee, enriching your beverages with the much-needed protein.
Would you like to learn more about protein supplements and how to choose properly from the wide selection available? If so, don’t miss out on our article Which Protein to Choose? Whey Concentrate, Isolate or Hydrolysate?