The basic components of protein supplements designed specifically for women are no different from other regular protein supplements. The difference lies within the extra ingredients that are commonly sought after specifically by women. These range from fat burners to vitamins or minerals that may help you increase the quality of your hair, nails, skin, or your overall beauty. Very often they feature lower fat and sugar contents, which is particularly welcome with women who are trying to lose weight. The prototypical product in this category is, for example, Yum Yum Whey.
Who is this type of protein intended for?
- Women seeking to increase their protein intake.
- Female athletes looking to boost their muscle growth.
- Women on diet who are seeking out foods that satiate hunger and cravings.
- All the women interested in enriching their everyday diets with new foods and flavours.
What’s the ideal serving size of protein for women?
When it comes to protein, it is usually recommended to serve about 0.25 - 0.3 g per kg of body weight. If you can’t be bothered with calculating, you won’t go wrong with a serving of about 20 - 40 g of the product. This corresponds to a roughly topped 30 g measuring scoop. If you are using a plant-based supplement, feel free to add a few extra grams, as these are commonly somewhat lower in their protein contents and less effective in terms of digestibility.
How to best serve protein supplements for women?
- As a part of various dishes that can benefit from the extra protein content
- In desserts, to improve their nutrition profile
- In post-workout shakes to boost regeneration of muscle tissues damaged in physical activity
- As a snack whenever you feel hungry and lack the time to prepare a proper meal
- Whenever you need to boost your protein intake in a simple and convenient manner
If you’d like to learn more about protein supplements and what they can do for you, don’t miss out on our article How Protein Changes a Woman's Body and Helps Lose Weight?